Using Canva

 At one of my previous jobs, we did use Canva for project communication. I find it to be a very effective tool when it comes to employees working together on a project. We were able to share documents, ask questions and get alerts on when people made comments. This was very helpful for us to collaborate during the daytime. The only downside to working with Canva was that people could send messages at all times during the day. Even though you can mark yourself as "away" some people did not honor this, and expected me to be available at all hours to answer. I found this difficult in order to create a good work-life balance. Hopefully I will have a job that honors time off!

In terms of using Canva in the educational world, I think it could also be very useful. Educators often have to cross collaborate with other teachers in their grade level in order to align curriculum and scheduling of events, reports, etc. Canva could also be used by principals to send messages to teachers. Since chats can be private and leave out certain people, this can keep Principals from receiving messages from everyone in the school about every project.

Overall, I have found Canva to be a great tool in the working environment and can see how it is applicable to other fields such as education. I will most definitely be using Canva in the future, should I be involved with a team collaborating on an instructional design project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on tools I have learned about this semester

Thoughts on groups in the 2.0 world: Enders Game