Google for Education

I have been pursuing a certification in Google+ Fundamentals Training and learning how to incorporate this tool into the classroom. For those who are interested, you can check out the classes and certifications they offer here: https://edu.google.com/teacher-center/training/?modal_active=none. 

While much of the information I already know, there have been various scenarios and tips presented that have introduced new ideas and concepts of how to implement these tools into the classroom. Something I have mentioned before in one of my Instagram posts is the use of Google Forms as an assessment tool. 

Google Docs is also a great way to share a document and allow open dialogue between students via the use of comments. Students can also share documents via Drive and create folders to share. 

There are so many ways to use Google for Education to create a collaborative learning environment! I am looking forward to picking up more tips along my way.

Anyone have any ideas to share on how to use Google tools for 2.0 learning? 




Comments

  1. Hello!

    I found this a really interesting and informative post! As you pointed out, I personally find that Google has really fostered growth in the areas of collaboration work and learning environments! in my previous semester, I was still in Singapore while in many classes, my group mates were based all over the country. However, thanks to Google Docs, we were able to provide both asynchronous and real-time edits, suggestions, comments in the creation of our group reports! We were also able to use Google surveys to create more "content" and Google Sheets to keep track of our token economy system on who contributed what ;) I look forward to reading more about your learnings on this topic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on tools I have learned about this semester

Thoughts on groups in the 2.0 world: Enders Game