Use of Avatars in the classroom

 I have been very interested in how virtual environments can use in a classroom setting. Second Life is one tool that has been around for some time, where teachers allow students to explore virtual environments and interact with one another within the educational setting. Here is a video explaining how it has been used:


Something else interesting, and more modern, that I have come across is creating a Bitmoji classroom. 


You can create the look of a virtual class with a teacher avatar, create a "class photo" by asking students to create their avatar and uploading it into an image, or have students incorporate their avatar into their own assignments. It is a fun and modern touch that increase engagement. I can see this being used at the beginning of the year as an onboarding tool and carried throughout for online teaching assignments.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on tools I have learned about this semester

Thoughts on groups in the 2.0 world: Enders Game