Graduate School thus far
I fell behind this week on classwork, as I was dealing with a personal situation and took some mental health time. Don't feel great about falling behind. I have been enjoying all of my courses so far (I am taking four and am full-time), and have been going with the flow nicely until this past week. I am now playing catch-up and feel a bit overwhelmed. I have assignments due today! I am hoping that I can get back on track now, and get back into that productive swing of things. There is so much to learn, so much to do, and I am excited about it all! I am wondering if anyone else has hit a wall so to speak with their learning this semester and how everyone has been dealing with the workload.
Yes, I have hit a wall several times and wish that there were more hours in the day to absorb and practice using these tools, but the cognitive overload is taking its toll. I am only taking 2 courses; however, I work full time and teach in the evenings. As of July 1, I am taking leave from teaching in the evenings. This is how I am dealing with the workload. I plan to shift doing my schoolwork to weekday evenings so that I can have a life over the weekend. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! That is very ambitious to be working and taking 2 classes, you should be proud!
DeleteSorry to hear about your struggle but glad things are going better. I had to cut back to 1 course this summer after 2 courses last summer frustrated my family with too much working. I agree there is so much interesting things to learn! I do appreciate this course helping us with ideas on collecting and curating resources to refer to in the future. I wish I had this earlier in the program. I remind myself, one foot in front of the other, repeat, repeat. No need to try to run.
ReplyDeleteTake care and, That Will Show Them - good luck!
I'm so sorry to hear of your personal situation, but I'm glad to hear you were able to take some time to yourself to recharge. I have been feeling overwhelmed for a few weeks now -- some of it has been caused by unavoidable things (increased workload and strict deadlines at work), while others have been caused by fun social obligations (a friend's wedding that I wouldn't want to miss)...then on top of that, my dad and brother came up to see me over Father's Day weekend (first time we were together since Christmas) -- these things, plus trying to stay on top of my two summer classes, have led to increased feelings of stress -- I don't want to get behind, or let myself or the class down! This weekend, I was a little selfish -- I did no classwork on Saturday, but instead went to an artist talk at a local art gallery -- the time spent at the gallery soothed my soul, and I felt more motivated to take on my classwork today!
ReplyDelete