My morphing journey
It's interesting how I began the semester focused on a specific topic: teaching music and social media. Over time, this morphed into my future focus, instructional design. I became less interested in how I would have implemented tools and more interested in how I will use these tools in the future. I believe this has to do with the change of my mindset this first semester. Being new to the business world, most of my experience was in music education (7 years) and so it had been deeply instilled in me as to how I view the world from the lens of a teacher and musician. However, I have begun to look at the world through the eyes of an instructional designer. This shift occurred about half-way through this semester. I now look to the future and will take with me all that I have learned. I am excited to see how I will use these tools for collaboration and learning when working with training. Everyone loves creativity in the workplace as it makes work and learning much more engaging. It doesn't matter if you are an adult or child, being able to interact with others creatively is a wonderful experience.
A great recap on the semester for you! Wonderful! I have had some similar moments in the program my struggle comes into play while I wait to hear what my current employer may have in store for me when I finish in December. Part of me is intrigued by what they might come up for me, the other part makes me want to run out and do something different. Exploring, connecting and being open are great ways to look to the future. Best wishes!
ReplyDelete