One of the most helpful sites that have been shared this semester is the list of all of the tools we have covered. I will be referring to this list in future projects as it is highly extensive and is 2.0 tools "greatest hits". I also transferred this information into a Google Sheets doc, and you can see the document here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GjKvQMPzY2jCb3LLhakuVGafDuRvvZezxkOhQihQREo/edit?usp=sharing I added two sections, one that includes a description of the intended use and one if a free version is available. I would have liked to include even more details, but feel this is a great reference tool to look up quickly a tool that will work as a solution to whatever problem I have.
I enjoyed reading the journal, Effects of group reflection variations in project-based learning integrated in a Web 2.0 learning space (Kim 2011), and how group learning can be beneficial to students. While this study looked at undergraduate students in particular, I cannot help but imagine how the idea can also be applied to the K-12 setting. Collaboration and sharing ideas through the 2.0 world is a new idea for me, and I can see how it takes learning to another level in terms of technology and approaches to student-centered learning. This idea makes me think of the movie, Enders Game, as in the story, a young boy is chosen to lead a group of kids to defeat an enemy through technological based operations. The boy is at the center of command, and gives direction to his team. I think of each student as player one in this situation, each interacting with each other with them at the center of their learning. They can also respond and get feedback from those they are interacting with...
Haha my thoughts exactly!! I love this meme too!!
ReplyDelete